General cryovials cannot be put into liquid nitrogen, only those treated with special materials can be put in. At the same time, there are double-layer and non-double-layer cryopreservation tubes with silicone pads and no silicone pads, as well as colorless and variegated and various solid colors. If you need to store in liquid nitrogen, you must choose a special cryogenic tube that is sealed and resistant to low temperature, and you must also recognize whether the purchased cryogenic tube is sterile and free of DNA and RNA.
How to use cryovials
(1) Pick a fresh culture from the pure bacterial culture to prepare a bacterial suspension with a McFarland turbidity of about 3-4 for inoculation and strain preservation tubes.
(2) Tighten the preservation tube, invert it 4-5 times to emulsify the bacteria, and do not shake it.
(3) Put the preservation tube in the refrigerator for storage (-20℃-70℃)
Recommendations for safe use of cryovials
1. When using cryovials to store samples, it is strictly required that the cryovials should be stored in the vapor layer of liquid nitrogen or in the refrigerator! If the cryovial is stored in liquid nitrogen liquid, there is a certain chance that liquid nitrogen will penetrate into the interior of the cryopreservation tube, and the liquid nitrogen gasification during resuscitation will cause the pressure inside and outside the tube to be unbalanced. .
2. To operate the cryopreservation tube recovery, use safety protection equipment throughout the process. It is recommended to wear a laboratory coat, cotton gloves and operate on a safe laboratory bench. Wear goggles or a face shield if possible. Please be extra careful as the indoor temperature will be higher in summer than in winter.
3. During the storage of cryopreserved cells, the freezing temperature of the cryopreservation tube must be uniform. Uneven freezing will lead to the generation of ice plugs, which will inhibit the transfer of liquid temperature on both sides and cause danger. 4. The volume of frozen samples should not exceed the maximum working volume required by the cryovial.